NO CEU offered
With the release of the ICD-11 Chapter 26 Traditional Medicine Diagnostic codes in standardized terminology, we as a profession are making the first grand step to the entry into worldwide acceptance as a profession, not only as an acupuncture procedure service. Ability to make our own diagnosis moves us from a technician who performs the acupuncture procedure to a diagnosing physician category on the clinical level. (Not to be mistaken with the legal scope of practice).
As every physician, we are subject to best practice standards, including documentation guidelines. In the United States, the documentation guidelines are regularly reviewed and amended by the Centers for Medicare & Medicare Services. The last revision of the Evaluation/Management guide was implemented on 01/01/2021. This version contains significant changes which are beneficial to us, new guidelines allow health practitioners to collect the clinically necessary amount of subjective data and physical examination).In this series of monthly classes on the example of real SOAP notes, we will discuss how to:
- identify and formulate chief complaint(s)
- determine what amount of information you must collect to support the level of Medical Decision Making
- assess complaint improvement
- support medical necessity
- record in the SOAP patient’s noncompliance
- justify lack of improvement
- select treatment strategy
- justify ICD-10 western diagnosis
- select the appropriate TM patterns
- identify appropriate treatment method
- formulate treatment principles based on the different styles of acupuncture
- formulate and record an appropriate treatment plan
- establish a short and long-term goal
- identify potential red flags and appropriate referrals
- establish necessary labs/imaging to be ordered
- select appropriate & record the acupuncture procedure in the desired number of units of your style of acupuncture.
- select & record adjunct treatment techniques and procedures
- select & record supplements prescribed accordingly to the TCM pattern appropriate
- select patent TCHM & record them accordingly to best practice guidelines
- prescribe custom compounded formula from 5:1 TCHM granules & record it accordingly to best practice guidelines
With an early subscription you will have an access to the standardized Intake and SOAP note templates, and you are welcome to present your case for the discussion.