ATTENTION – class log in directions:
Please create a Paypal account! (do NOT check out as a guest). After you submit your payment please wait for PayPal to redirect you to the class webpage.
To take the class at a later time please SAVE the class link from your browser.
Lost link – email me, please attach your PayPal receipt to prove the class purchase.
Refund Policy: No refunds will be given
Traditional Medicine Standard Terminology:
Bridge to the ICD-11 Billing Practice
THIS CLASS IS A FUNDRAISER,
50% OF PROFIT WILL BE DONATED TOWARDS INCLUSION AND RECOGNITION OF ACUPUNCTURISTS AS PROVIDERS IN THE SOCIAL SECURITY ACT.
FLORIDA: 21 CEU (issued by FSOMA) (2 CEU Medical Errors + 2 CEU Biomedical Sciences + 17 CEU General hours) – CE Broker # 20-757618
California – 21 CEU (Category 1 Distance Education) Provider # 1296 – Expire 12/23/2021
Texas – 22 CEU (18 general, 2 ethics, 2 biomedicine)
The purpose of this course is to provide practitioners with the knowledge and skills to perform in the approaching era of ICD-11 Chapter 26 (TM1) Traditional Medicine Billing Codes based on the “WHO International
on Traditional Medicine in the Western Pacific Region” manual (2007). The student will be able to implement Traditional Medicine SOAP notes in compliance with the standards for Medicaid/Medicare reimbursement requirements.
What to expect: 7 hours class room (add 1 hour lunch) + 14 hours home study
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES
Through the successful completion of this course, each student will be able to:
1. Understand the importance of standard terminology.
2. Identify resources for standard terminology reference.
3. Understand the purpose of ICD-11 Chapter 26 (TM1).
4. Diversify the WHO International Standard Terminology pertaining to a specific style of Traditional Medicine including but not limited to Japanese, Korean, Five Element, Famous Masters, Scalp, etc.
5. Parallel current ICD-10 and/or future ICD-11 billable diagnosis to NON-billable Traditional Medicine (TM1) pattern diagnosis.
6. Formulate treatment principle adapted to a specific style of Traditional Medicine using WHO International Standard Terminology.
7. Write a SOAP note adapted to a specific style of Traditional Medicine using WHO International Standard Terminology in the standardized format to fulfill billing requirements.
8. Implement general principles & rules reflecting coding level of Traditional Medicine decision making in compliance with USA insurance billing requirements revised for 2021.