Safety & Regulations of TCM Herbal Telemedicine
NCCAOM – 4 PDA (2 Safety + 2 Ethics category) – PDA-162984-5 Exp. 08/31/2023
FLORIDA – 4 CEU (2 Medical errors + 2 Rules & Regulations category) (issued by FSOMA) – CE Broker 20-757558
Telemedicine offers a lot of promise for both physicians and patients. This class explores how Traditional Chinese Herbal Medicine can be safely and legally practiced in the realms of modern telemedicine. Most states now have laws regulating the practice of telemedicine. Safety is of primary concern. The laws only get more complicated and more uncertain when telemedicine is practiced across state lines. This class is based on Cleveland Clinic TCHM virtual visits experience and will explore safety concerns, legalities of informed consent, initial and follow up visit, gathering of objective signs, herbal prescribing, billing requirements and required EMR records keeping.
Through the successful completion of this course, each student will be able to:
- The student will learn law governing telemedicine by state
- Gain an understanding of potential medical errors in Telemedicine
- Understand technology compliance with HIPPA for Telemedicine
- Develop a deep understanding of the ethics involved in Telemedicine
- Learn techniques to collect objective signs including pulse & tongue remotely
- Have a working knowledge of Telemedicine record keeping and billing
Enjoy this recorded webinar at your convenience!