The purpose of this course is to provide practitioners with the knowledge and skills to perform in the approaching era of ICD-11 Chapter 26 (TM1) Traditional Medicine Billing Codes. Students will be able to navigate a Medical-decision making and implement it in the Traditional Medicine SOAP notes in compliance with the Medicaid/Medicare reimbursement requirement standards.
What to expect: 7 hours classroom (add 1-hour lunch) + 14 hours home study
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES
Through the successful completion of this course, each student will be able to:
1. Understand the importance of standard terminology.
2. Identify resources for standard terminology reference.
3. Understand the purpose of ICD-11 Chapter 26 (TM1).
4. Diversify the WHO International Standard Terminology pertaining to a specific style of Traditional Medicine, including but not limited to Japanese, Korean, Five Element, Famous Masters, Scalp, etc.
5. Parallel current ICD-10 and future ICD-11 billable diagnosis to NON-billable Traditional Medicine (TM1) pattern diagnosis.
6. Formulate treatment principles adapted to a specific style of Traditional Medicine using WHO International Standard Terminology.
7. Write a SOAP note adapted to a specific style of Traditional Medicine using WHO International Standard Terminology in the standardized format to fulfill billing requirements.
8. Implement general principles & rules reflecting a coding level of Traditional Medicine decision-making in compliance with USA insurance billing requirements revised for 2021.