This class will introduce new guidelines for Evaluation & Management (E/M) visits effective 01/2021. We will navigate how Medical Decision-Making affects practice of ancient medicine in the modern world. This class presents the TCM practitioner viewpoint for note-taking, enhances the efficiency of TCM clinical practice, and facilitates the accuracy of TCM pattern differentiation diagnosis.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES: Through the successful completion of this course, each student will be able to:
- Understand the importance of Medical Decision Making (MDM).
- Understand and apply MDM Elements for most effective time management.
- Select appropriate Evaluation and Management (E/M) visit CPT Code, specific to acupuncture or herbal service.
- Determine level of subjective and objective data necessary to support the diagnosis.
- Identify elements of Assessment that justify medical necessity.
- Learn how to think on paper.
- Parallel current ICD-10 and/or future ICD-11 billable diagnosis to NON-billable Traditional Medicine (TM1) pattern diagnosis.
- Understand and apply legal language in SOAP.
- Formulate and reassess treatment goals.
- Learn proper recording of administered treatment,
- Learn proper recording of home going instructions, recommendations, ordered labs, and referrals.
- Explore in details real SOAP notes.